No matter your level of wealth, I believe that everyone should have access to qualified independent financial advice from a fiduciary. From a free initial consultation to a comprehensive financial plan, we will partner together to empower you with the financial tools you need to take control over and improve your finances.
What I Offer
COMPREHENSIVE FINANCIAL PLANNING
We will follow a three-step process to create a comprehensive financial plan that aligns your financial goals with your values.
1. First, we will understand what money means to you and how it fits into your life. Then we will organize your finances so you have a clear picture of where you currently stand right now.
2. Next, we will talk about your financial goals. What are your short, medium, and long-term goals? What are your dreams? We will work together to clarify your goals so that they are crystal clear and tangible.
3. Finally, we will create actionable steps to get you on a path towards financial independence.
This process is not something we do once and set aside on a bookshelf. Like physical fitness, your financial fitness needs constant attention throughout your professional career and beyond. But don’t worry, I will be there every step of the way to guide you and to make sure your money is working hard!
The investment to get started consists of an up front fee ranging from $500 to $3,000 and an ongoing monthly fee based upon 1.00% of your Adjusted Gross Income (from your most recent tax return) plus 0.50% of your net worth.
The minimum fee is $200 per month (or $2,400 per year). There are breakpoints if your AGI is above $500k or if your net worth is above $2.5M.
QUICK START PLAN
What if you only have a few urgent financial questions and you need someone to provide an independent review? The Quick Start Plan is a great option. Together we will tackle 2-3 of your most pressing needs. I will follow up with actionable recommendations for you within 24 hours of our meeting. If you decide that you want to become a Comprehensive Planning client, you can apply the Quick Start Plan fee towards the initial planning fee.
Sample engagements include:
- How should I tackle my student debt?
- What factors should I consider when I purchase my first home?
- How much should I put in my 401(k)?
- How do I get out of credit card debt?
- What investments should I choose within my 401(k)?
- Should I rent or buy a home?
- College saving strategies
- How do I prioritize saving towards my emergency fund vs. 401(k) vs. paying down debt?
- Where do I currently stand financially?
- Help me get my arms around my cash flow and budget
- How to optimize stock options
- How to minimize taxes
- How to coordinate investment accounts across your household
- Am I invested in the appropriate investment vehicles?
- Should I sell or rent my condo?
Financial Planning By The Hour
Sometimes you may just have one burning question that may fall outside of the packages above. I also offer single engagements based on an hourly rate depending on the complexity of your situation. During our initial conversation, we will discuss the scope of the engagement and agree upon the services and fee. Depending on the situation, a deposit may be due. It will be the lesser of either $500 or ½ of the agreed upon fee.
I believe that, for the most part, the market is relatively efficient. I don't think you can beat the market, but I do demand market returns for the level of risk we take in your portfolio. So I will help you carefully select investments that keep fees as low as possible while still maintaining broad diversification using exchange traded funds (ETFs). You have worked hard to earn your investment dollars, so I will make sure those dollars are working hard for you. Before we invest your hard-earned money, we will discuss your goals, appetite for risk, and time horizon.
For financial planning clients, I do not charge any fees for investment advice. I believe you should keep your investment fees minimal and I partner with Betterment to offer diversified portfolios using Vanguard ETFs. Betterment charges a platform fee of 0.20%, Vanguard funds have expense ratios around 0.10% and that is it. No transaction costs, account maintenance fees, reporting fees, management fees, etc.